Customer Case Study
5-10% cost savings & wider efficiencies gained for a leading agricultural producer
CF Industries have acquired GrowHow, a leading agricultural fertilizer producer in the UK, with an annual revenue of £550 million. GrowHow engaged Flo to address issues with their legacy transportation systems, which were hampering their growth and leading to missed opportunities. They were further struggling with common industry problems such as fuel price fluctuation, regulatory frameworks and issues with drivers ability.
• Legacy TMS (Transportation Management System) was outgrown leading to missed opportunities, poor visibility and higher costs
• Paper orientated processes with high error rates across vital areas
• Lack of control to drive cost savings & process improvements with unknown service levels
• Manual transport planning process
• Impact of external factors
• Replaced legacy TMS with Oracle's best-of-breed transportation management system (OTM)
• Created a standardised client implementation process that can be used to expedite on-boarding LSP customers
• Implemented OTM to cover end-to-end Order-to-Cash processes
• Complex planning and optimisation involving Pool Distribution and dedicated fleet, as well as load consolidation across facilities and transport modes
• ERP & carrier connectivity enabled with Oracle Fusion Middleware
• Sourcing for historical shipment analysis and updated operational rates
• Oracle Fusion Transportation Intelligence (FTI) for KPI’s, dashboards & drill-down from summary to transaction level
• Cost savings of 5-10%
• TMS architected to provide a standardised approach to future customer or internal implementation, scalable solution designed to evolve with the business
• Heightened control across the supply chain. Recording of events at key points providing visibility.
• Planning automated allowing staff time to be reallocated to value-adding activities.
• Greater understanding of costs, leading to effective strategy for on-going cost reductions.
• New understanding of customer service levels leading to improvements in driving customer-led initiatives