Customer Case Study
Processes improvements & more proactive management of freight spend
Leading global provider of personal peripherals for computers with a turnover of €2.5 billion. With manufacturing plants and DC’s throughout the world, Logitech’s products are sold in every country of the world.
Flo was engaged to deploy a single global solution for managing air, ocean, road and express freight across three continents.
• Enable visibility of shipments shipped by Logitech globally for all business lines
• Create system visibility for planning and compliance purposes on the inventory in transit from Logitech’s DCs to tier 1 customers and also from the suppliers to Logitech
• Oracle Transport Management System (OTM) 5.5 implemented for AMR, EMEA and APJC regions
• Integrated with multiple systems and various service providers - Warehouse Management System
• Integrated the transportation application with existing Oracle E-Business Suite applications for greater efficiency
• End-to-end visibility for the air and sea shipments including rating of the shipments implemented.
• Logitech now have the ability to track and trace all transports
• Flo succeeded in increasing visibility into freight information, resulting in process improvements and more proactive management of freight expenditures
• The solution also included enhanced communication with carriers and delivered shipment status updates together with online access to shipment information