Client System Analyst (Full Stack/Linux)
We are looking for a Client Systems Analyst to implement and improve our client IT systems. You will be joining a team of international IT Consultants who are passionate about delivering the right solutions to and with our clients. If you are also interested in discovering and implementing new features, we would like to meet you!
What will you do as a Client Systems Analyst working at Flo?
Our clients provide the hardware (or cloud instance), we implement and support the software (OTM). The role of Client Systems Analyst bridges the gap in between, making sure the application and database is installed correctly and performing well, including ongoing tuning and maintenance as the client hardware and Oracle software is upgraded.
You will implement system requirements and address any relevant challenges and issues. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role! You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Ultimately, you should be able to translate our internal and external clients’ needs into new high quality IT systems and ensure that our clients’ technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
As a Systems Analyst you (will):
- Install and patch applications on internal and client systems.
- Monitor and tune application and database performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot application issues and outages using both black and white box approaches.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues (subnets, vnets, routing, firewalls, loadbalancers etc)
- Manage network servers and technology tools, including server migrations.
- Upgrade applications to new releases.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
What do you need to be successful in this job?
- Strong Linux command line skills.
- Experience with multi-tier application installation.
- Experience with database system deployment and administration (Oracle database preferred).
- Familiarity with / in-depth knowledge of various operating systems and platforms.
- Have the IT know-how to troubleshoot any glitches that interrupt system performance.
- Knowledge of Bash scripting.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- Knowledge in JIRA processes and SDLC.
- Knowledge of Terraform and ITIL advantageous desirable.
- Experience of Cloud platforms and containerisation is considered an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Customer oriented and results driven attitude.
- You enjoy investigating and solving issues and don’t shy away form a good challenge.
- You are a self-starter, always looking for ways to improve our services.
- You can work remotely and independently and align often with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You like working in an organization that values teamwork.
- You’re able to travel freely across UK/Europe.
- Degree in Computer Networks, Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant degree
What do we offer you?
You will work in an interesting, international and quickly changing working environment in which you work together with and for renowned customers. You won’t stop learning as you join different projects and you will be given the opportunity to develop yourself, in fact, we challenge you! You will of course receive good primary and secondary employment conditions, including:
- Work on international projects with some of Europe’s largest multinationals
- Be part of a diverse and multicultural team
- Learning on the job
- The possibility to work from home
- A company laptop
- Fun (digital) events with your colleagues
Do you think you would be a good fit with the Flo team? Do you want to be part of an international growing company where you can make a difference? We are always looking for talented people to grow with us!