Flo Group, Flo Consulting B.V., Flo Consulting AB and Flo IT Services Private Ltd (together referred to as “Flo”, “us” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
Flo is a personal data controller. That means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you, as well as how we adequately protect that data. This notice is designed to inform you of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and for how long it will be retained. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and local data protection laws.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you, collected only as relevant for those purposes and not used in any way incompatible with those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
THE KIND OF DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (CV) and the personal data contained in your motivation letter.
- The data you have provided on our possible application form, including name, title, home address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, computer skills, and any data you provide us during interviews, whether online or at our premises.
- Any personal data provided to us about you by your referees [if applicable].
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- From publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, etc., where we collect your full name, email, work history, and other data included on your profile.
- In some cases, your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: full name, periods of previous employment, performance during previous employment.
HOW WE WILL USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out reference checks, where applicable.
Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
Keep records related to our hiring processes.
Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Having received your CV and motivation letter and the results from any tests you took, we will then process that data to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is suitable to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may then take up references and/or any other check before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. In cases where references are required and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we would not be able to take your application further.
We will not share your personal data with the any third parties.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or otherwise disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our specific instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from our website privacy notice.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 3 years after your last application date [if you candicacy is unsuccessful, we shall retain your personal data for 6 months or for a period of 3 years upon your explicit consent]. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We further retain such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which you will be a fitting candidate.